Sheffield is the place you want to go to this summer if you are looking for fun. Sheffield has you covered no matter what you enjoy, your age group, and how much (or how little) time you have. In this article, we will share just a few of the fabulous events coming this year.
If you love music and festivals this summer, Sheffield is your place. From Bassfest and Tramlines to Float Along, there’s something for everyone in the city.
Whether you’re into the dirtiest bass face or the most epic rock and indie acts, there’s something for you. Check out the fun things planned for Spring and summer 2023 in Sheffield, England.
- 90s Fest 2023
- Music lovers everywhere will be heading to Sheffield for the famous 90’s Fest 2023. This year the event will take place at the Don Valley Bowl on 5 August 2023. This is expected to be the biggest 90s Fest ever! The festival will run from 11 AM to 11 PM, and tickets are expected to sell out early. With over six massive arenas, more than 50 headline artist retro drink bars, and a new and bigger VIP Village, you don’t want to miss this event.
- Tramlines Festival
- The Tramlines Festival will take place on 23 July 2023 at Hillsborough Park. This annual event features three days of music, comedy, poetry, family entertainment, DJs, and Art. Tickets are selling out fast. The Tramlines Festival is expected to draw 50,000 visitors.
There are festivals scheduled for:
- Rock music
- Folk music
- Chamber Music
And much more. For a complete listing, click here.
The City Museum and Art Gallery houses a great selection of old masters and English art from the 18th century onwards, as well as contemporary paintings and sculptures. There’s also a fascinating Site Gallery, which hosts an eclectic mix of new media, moving images, and performance art.
You can get up close and personal with exotic wildlife at the Tropical Butterfly House Wildlife and Falconry Centre, home to various creatures from meerkats and lemurs to otters, owls, and free-flying birds of prey. There’s a cafe and many other family-friendly activities at this popular attraction.
Some of the most famous museums and galleries include (but are not limited to) :
- Sheffield Botanical Gardens. Sheffield.
- Kelham Island Museum. Sheffield.
- Museums Sheffield: Weston Park. Sheffield.
- National Emergency Services Museum. Sheffield.
- Millennium Gallery. Sheffield.
- Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet. Sheffield.
- Bishops’ House. Sheffield.
- Shepherd Wheel. Sheffield.
You cannot visit Sheffield without shopping! Just three miles from the city centre, Sheffield’s shopping mecca, Meadowhall, is spread over 1.5 million square feet and attracts over 30 million shoppers yearly. You will find 290 stores, from independent shops to high-end designer locations. There are 50 places to dine, so you are sure to find your favourite.
Meadowhall also offers a cinema, electric car charging stations, cell phone charging stations, beauty salons, a quiet room, and much more. There is virtually nothing you cannot find in Sheffield.
Gaming is an activity that more than 71% of adults in the UK play, according to gov.uk. There are many options available, and the popularity of gaming is growing annually. Among other favourites, you can play the Mega Millions lottery in the UK, which is internationally preferred.
If you’re looking for exciting things to do this summer in Sheffield, England, you’ll love the city’s many sports activities. Whether you’re a fan of a good, old-fashioned game of football or a competitive athlete who wants to take their skills to the next level, this exciting city has plenty of opportunities for you and your family. We have included a listing of sports for Sheffield and the entire area here.
The city’s most significant green space, Graves Park, is an excellent place for families to spend time together and enjoy various outdoor activities, including fishing, boating, and a little train that travels around the ponds during weekends and school holidays. You’ll also want to check out the Tropical Butterfly House Wildlife and Falconry Centre, where you can pat lemurs, meet meerkats, learn about otters on a keeper’s talk, and even have a close-up encounter with free-flying birds of prey.
There is something for everyone in the fascinating city of Sheffield. If you have never considered visiting there, we urge you to add this city to your list. To put it simply, it is difficult to find a single location with this much to offer. Remember, shows fill up quickly, so now is the time to plan your Sheffield journey! Take your friends along. You are guaranteed to make a lifetime memory. For more information on Sheffield, UK, visit their official city website.